How can I submit a consumer complaint to the US Federal Trade Commission?
To report fraud, identity theft, or an unfair business practice, visit ftc.gov/complaint, and then click on the FTC Complaint Assistant icon, and answer the questions.
The more information you can provide about the situation, the more useful your complaint will be. If possible, be prepared to provide:
- Your contact information: name, address, phone number, email
- The type of product or service involved
- Information about the company or seller: business name, address, phone number, website, email address, representative’s name
- Details about the transaction: the amount you paid, how you paid, the date
Please note that the FTC cannot resolve individual consumer complaints, but they have many tips to help you get your money back.
The Federal Trade Commission accepts consumer complaints related to many topics, including: –
- Identity theft
- National Do Not Call Registry violations
- Computers, the internet and online privacy
- Telemarketing scams
- Credit scams
- Immigration services
- Sweepstakes, lotteries, and prizes
- Business opportunities and work-at-home schemes
- Health and weight loss products
- Debt collection, credit reports, and financial matters.