REFUND OF MEMBERSHIP BY COUNTRY VACATIONS
I had deposited an amount of Rs 135000.00 on 24-03-2019 and a receipt to this effect was given to me on 26-03-2019 by mail. As per the agreement paper given to me much later I had a window of 10 days for cancellation of the membership with a deduction of Rs 3800/-.I collected the agreement paper on 30-03-2019. ON SCANNING THE AGREEMENT PAPER AND ON RECEIPT OF FEEDBACK FROM VARIOUS SOURCES I DECIDED TO CANCEL THE AGREEMENT .A mail to this effect was given by me on 06-04-2019 well within the window of 10 days requesting for cancellation less their admt charges of Rs 3800/-
I wish to state very clearly that I have been cheated by the lady sales rep along with her male Boss.
Her grounds of mis-statements were –
- T he company would arrange for my visit to any place in India through tie up arrangements even if it did not possess a property over there and this would be absolutely free for certain days.
- The company would provide me with free accommodation even outside India also for free where it had a tie up arrangement for a fixed period of days..
- I was supposed to pay a sum of rs650/- for all the three of us towards breakfast and dinner.
- I was given an option of installment payment of membership fees for 12 months but at the time of payment the entire money was taken by credit card and I was told that the EMI would be given by the Bank.
- The lady sales rep even told us that we could go on a trip and if we found that the club was not upto our liking we could cancel the membership with a nominal deduction.
- The company would provide car for travelling from one place to the other for our holiday trip for a nominal charge of Rs 10/- per km.
- A payment of Rs 10500/- would have to be given by me as GST charges when I avail the facilities of the club’s property and not otherwise.
On checking all the above I found that it was nothing but a bundle of lies to deceive me because whatever she had told were nothing but lies to cheat me.
- The tie arrangement is nothing but a eye wash because I will have to pay for the stay and is not for free.
- The charges for stay outside India will cost me around $125/- and is not free as stated by them.
- No such payment of Rs 650/- is permitted but payments have to be made at actual as per the rules of the place.
- The installment charges of the Bank would attract a high rate of interest by the Bank depending on the tenure and is not free.
- On enquiry with the company I was later told no such agreement exists.
- The company would charge me at the market rate and not as per the rate told by the sales rep.
- The charge of Rs 10500/- is maintenance charges to be paid every year which is compulsory .
I was not allowed to see the agreement properly although I was made to sign the same , everything was done within an hour or else we would not be eligible for this offer.
Based on the above I wrote several mails and also letters to their H.O. and local office. No letter came from their side but a mail from their customer care has come stating that since I had claimed beyond the 10 days cooling period the money would not be refunded and i am supposed to sell, transfer or rent the membership through my own contact .