New Delhi: Prime Minister Narendra Modi today launched MyGov app for citizens to have discussions and to directly submit their grievances to the Prime Minister’s Office (PMO). The app is part of the MyGov’s website. You can download from Google Play for Android.
The MyGov web portal was launched on July 26, 2014 as a part of the NDA’s Digital India campaign.
The MyGov app have features like groups and discussions for Girl Child Education, specially-abled, Clean Ganga, Food Security and many others.
So far, the MyGov portal claims to have as many as 3.52 million registered users, over 1,82,000 submissions and about 3.40 million comments on various issues.
The app is pretty good – very neat layout with cool features, but we have some complaints. These are: –
- Login issue after registration. You have to try at least a couple of times before it logs you in.
- Oh NO, the Ads again! We never expect commercials or ads in government apps.Do you?
- It always crash when we tap on ‘Skins’option.
- Hitting back button prompts to exiting/closing the app instead of sending us back to the main page.
- Available only for Android Phones.