Scam98 Comments

default thumbnail

On December 23, 2015, I posted on how Country Club aka Country Vocations sales people cheated me and i promised to blog on how i got back my money.

refund country club refund country vocations

So, here it is:

The very next day, we called up Country Vocations office in Hyderabad and requested for a cancellation (read previous blog that we used our credit card). We also sent them an e-mail to prove that we have registered a complaint. But, the Country Club/Country Vocations customer care lady told us they cannot refund the amount of Rs 60,000 where as in fact we were just asking for cancellation of the payment. Left with no choice, we even called up the Kamanahalli Branch of Country Vocations. They were also unhelpful as they are the one who sold us the holiday plan via unfair means and promised.

On the third day, we called up our bank – which in this case is HDFC. We explained the details, over the phone, the unfair business practices of Country Vocations / Country Club sales people. We also told the bank that we want our credit card to be blocked.

The HDFC Bank people were really helpful. They not only took down our complaint but blocked our credit card as no billing or statement has been prepared. We took down the complaint number and waited for one email which we must sent to HDFC credit card team.

On the same day we received the email with a form. We filled up the form and sent it via over the email.

HDFC took 7 working days to investigate the matter and voila to our amazement, on the 8th day we got an email and also a call from HDFC Bank that the transaction has been put off and that we will not be charged by Country Vocations in any way!

Thank you HDFC Bank for taking care of your customers’ interest. You lived up to your slogan!

hdfc-bank-country-club-refund

(Dear readers, we’re not blogging all the email messages or calls here to HDFC Bank or Country Club/Country Vocations, but if you need any specific help post it in the comment box below. We would be happy to help.)

98 Comments on this article

• swamijirajender January 14, 2016

i’am also victim this country club my mob no 9268496403.

help me live in delhi email

• Gate Keeper January 14, 2016

Did you pay them in cash or credit card?

• Subudra July 20, 2016

Sir, I have paid 20000/ in cash to the country beliving there wonderful verble offer and sian anak agreement after a week i requested to cancel and refund, to which they agreed to cancel but not to refund,

• Gate Keeper July 20, 2016

Since you have paid in cash, there’s little you can do except report it to the police or file a case. Your seriousness on filing a consumer court case will put fear in the staff and they are likely to refund you. Show them you are the king.

• Imtiyaz December 18, 2017

Did u get refund ??

• Gate Keeper December 18, 2017

It’s unlikely you will get refund from Reddy and his thugs. The best is cancel your credit card or debit with you bank before any deductions are made if you paid via these modes. If you already paid and they don’t want to refund,,,hire a lawyer and i am sure you will get back your money.

• Ruchi Gupta March 12, 2018

Credit card

• Ruchi Gupta March 12, 2018

Hi All,

I am Ruchi gupta. I have been cheated by Country Club for RS 59000. I am thinking of doing police complaint under section 420 against sales person & CC. If any other from hyderabad), has been cheated please contact me.mo.num.9966941172

• yash January 14, 2016

Hi all,
    I also got trapped in this. I had done payment by SBI credit card and now nobody is listening. so plz help me what to do now ?

• nagesh January 14, 2016

Hi All,

I am Nagesh Joshi, I have been cheated by Country Club for RS 1,33,000. I am thinking of doing police complaint under section 420 against sales person & CC. If any other from Pune area (Aundh), has been cheated please contact me.

• Gate Keeper January 15, 2016

Hi, What’s your status now? Let us know so that we may be able to suggest some remedy.

• Hemant January 19, 2016

Hi Nagesh,

I also got cheated by Country club. I stay in Pimple saudagar. You can contact me anytime. I have already filed police complaint but I need few more person to make our case strong to fight with this fraud menace.

Thanks,
      Hemant
      8600026171

• Gate Keeper January 19, 2016

Hello Hemant, Tell us more about your story. Some members here may be able to help. What bank or credit card did you use?

• Hemant January 19, 2016

I have used ICICI bank & HDFC bank credit card to pay 107000 on 20th Dec 2015.

• Gate Keeper January 19, 2016

Then I suggest you call up the HDFC and ICICI Bank customer care and explain your situation …like why you were cheated via unfair practices.

Clearly tell them to cancel the transaction. Don’t forget to take down your complain number. After two to three days, if you did not receive any email or message , call them up again with you complaint number.

You should get a complaint form http://www.hdfcbank.com/assets/pdf/CardholderDisputeForm.pdf and fill it up and then sent to an email ID they will provide you.

For ICIC bank do the same process

• Hemant January 19, 2016

I have already raised complaint with banks. I have also filed FIR with Police in pune

• Mohammed September 17, 2016

Hello,

Please contact me on +91-8879242978, Any one of you is from PUNE. I am also a victim and i need to File a FIR against these people and file a Farud Case in COnsumer Court. i am too cheated in 2014 by Rs.1.67Lac

Please contact me if any of you is from PUNE

• Sunny December 18, 2017

I have been through same scenario.
      Let us fight jointly.

Message me on 8.55901016

• jitusuraj January 14, 2016

I’m also victim of country vacation and though of filing a case against country vacation in consumer forum. Please let me know your no so that I can contact with you.
    My contact no is 9052413913.
    mail id – [email protected]
    Jitendra Singh

• Gate Keeper January 14, 2016

Have you been billed or when did you bought the plan?

• HDesai January 14, 2016

Hi all,

We just paid 25000\- via hdfc credit card on 4th sep 2015 in Country vacations ghatkopar branch Mumbai.within 12 hours we decided to drop the idea of membership due to negative reviews and fraud commitments. now they have been fooling us since then and clearly telling they won’t refund our money . Please guide me friends I will be very obliged and thankful.Its our hard earned money and these cheats are taking advantage of our innocence. We have not signed any agreement .Only one receipt is being given of 25,000/.

Please share your contact number or call me at 9819244048

• Gate Keeper January 19, 2016

Please call up HDFC Bank customer care and narrate your experience.

It will not be bad to attach this blog post in your email as well as Country Vocations people use the same sales strategy. All the best.

• Rajender January 15, 2016

i am also victim this country club my mob no 9268496403 help me live in delhi. Please help

• Gate Keeper January 19, 2016

When were you duped? What method of payment did you use?

• SUDIPTA January 15, 2016

Hi Dear friend;

My self Sudipta Sarkar,from kolkata .We are also cheated by the country club, kolkata.
    We took the membership for 5 yrs in 50,000 on 14/11/2014, pay with CITY bank credit card.
    At the time of membership they said all fake promise like…

1. Upto 50% Discount on Air Tickets if booked through Country Vacation.(But in really I have not found anything on their site)

2. Free Pick and Drop facilities + free fuel chargers to Airport, Train

3. Free Sight seeing that included Car, Driver , fuel and guide

4. Free Laundry services.
    5. Free Medical Services at accommodation.

6. Free Breakfast daily and 20% discount on Lunch & Dinner (India).

7. Shopping Discount 20% in all metro cities.

8.Free festival pass like Durga puja VVIP pass. etc. etc.

All are offers verbally but it is not showing on my profile.After all background check of CCV.Now I am really helpless.I got to know my cooling off period over form membership date.
    What to do please suggest me.

• Gate Keeper January 20, 2016

What’s your bank name? Did you pay them in cash?

• raghu January 15, 2016

Hi I am from Hyderabad and I am also a victim of country vaccasions .umfortunately I paid them 238000 in sept2014
    Pls someone advice.

• Gate Keeper January 15, 2016

• Abhay January 15, 2016

I was cheated in Bangalore, Please let me know if any case is there in Bangalore. I want to join that. I have lost 70K recently.
    I need your help to get my money back.

• Gate Keeper January 20, 2016

What’s your bank name? Did you pay them in cash? When did you take the membership?

• Prashanth November 12, 2016

Hi abhay

I was also cheated pls contact me on 9663429097 we can file a complaint

• Mahesh January 15, 2016

Hai sir this is mahesh…

Plz help me how to get my money?? 2days back I took membership in country vacation by paying amount 5000 by swiping machine through my vijay bank debit card n I give check of 75000 plz help me out from this problem.

• Gate Keeper January 20, 2016

What’s your bank name? Did you pay them in cash?

• pradipadake January 15, 2016

Hi,

We also cheated same as above complains lodged. We took membership in 2013 and as you all know its been wrong sale made to innocent people like us by CV heartless people. they are cheated us for Rs.5000/-, still they are calling for remaining money.

Now its time to fight for our rights. Please assist us for same and we also help you to fight against CV.

• Gate Keeper January 19, 2016

In your case, you should approach your nearest consumer court and file a complaint for harassment. Do keep the call records. It will come in handy.

• amit January 15, 2016

Hi All,

Please HELP ME!!

I paid INR 20,000 in Jan 2015 and paying EMI of INR 2000 with total bond of paying 1lakh.

Please tell me how to cancel the membership and get refund when it is almost 1 year is over,
    Please tell what is the process

Email me [email protected] or [email protected]

I will very thankful to you guys

• Gate Keeper January 19, 2016

What’s your bank name? Did you pay them in cash?

• Gopal February 10, 2016

I am also cheated by country club vacations Hyderabad. I have paid 40,000 via HDFC Credit card EMI’s. I called HDFC cusotmercare to cancel this transaction, but they said they can’t do it. CV has to cancel this transaction. could you please help me on this??

• Gopal February 10, 2016

I have done this transaction on 06-02-2016. could please help, My statement will come generate on 14 of every month

• sudip rai May 20, 2016

Hi,

I have paid using my standard chartered cc.
    I want to cancel this payment. How do i do it. Please help

• Gate Keeper February 1, 2017

Please call up your bank and then explain as given in the post

• Ram July 21, 2016

I joined this membership on July 15, 2016. I no longer wish to continue this membership account due to below issues, false, & fake promises made to me. I found that there are several things which were told and not entered in the agreement. (the thing is they have not allowed me to think and comeback and said the offers is valid only that time).

1.The sales people made a wrong statement by telling us about the 36 months installments which they will provide with 0% processing fees and interest free EMI amount. But I got to know from ICICI Bank that there is no such type of facility available.
    2. The Team Officer M Anil Babu and sales person Santosh told us that, by using Country Club card you can get 40 – 50% discount on purchase of any item in shopping mall, online portal, travel, hotels, etc, & also he told us you will get 2 movie tickets every month, but there is no written proof in the agreement for the same.
    3. At the time of purchasing membership, the sales team told that Lifetime free membership for clubs and fitness centers. No need to pay a single paisa additionally. But in the agreement AMC charges of Rs 5000 every year.
    4. The sales person told us that if I book the vacation trip before 2 weeks, I can get the free 7 days trip for that year and I can use that for rent or I can extend that to next coming year. I can maximum accommodate up to 8 persons using my membership if I book before 2 weeks. I can use the country club/ country vacation cards for my friends or relations with some additional ID proof.
    5. Using the party hall in country club / country vacation with free of cost (including the electricity, decorations) for 5 times per year. Free passes for the special events that are organized or happening in your clubs If I didn’t use the vacation for the particular year, then I can move those days to next year without any charge.
    6. The sales person told us that they provide Fedex coupons worth Rs 5000 for twice in a year. No such words are listed in the Agreement.
    7. The sales person told us play zone worth Rs 1000 per month is free in malls near to our residence which is a false commitment.
    8. The Team Officer M Anil Babu told us we can cancel our membership any time with full amount refund if we do not wish to continue. For the same, we visited the office immediately next day and informed to Team officer for which the action is not taken as promised.
    9. And many others which are not included in the agreement.

• Gate Keeper July 21, 2016

Sorry to hear that you were also cheated by these scums! Please spread the link to you family and friends over WhatsApp and Facebook etc.

By the way how did you pay the amount and how much? I assumed you haven’t received your money back?

• Renuka August 5, 2016

Hi. I am Renuka. Last evening i.e. 4th August we signed up for this very stupid plan. we gave 1 chq for Rs. 45K, and used 2 credit cards Stan chart and ICICI for payments of 80K and 1 lac. coming home we read the reviews and realized that we had made a big blunder. so we are now trying to stop the chq from going thru. but now the credit cards payment is an issue. pls help

• Gate Keeper August 6, 2016

Call up immediately your bank and explain how you were duped by the sales people. Also, so refer that even HDFC Bank cancels such deals with the under fair practices period. Do keep us updated.

• Gate Keeper August 18, 2016

Friends, You can sign the Change.Org petition started by one of the affected people.

Read: http://filecomplaintonline.com/change-org-petition-for-inquiry-into-country-club-business/

Sign the petition: https://www.change.org/p/country-club-inquiry-on-country-club-business

• V.S.R.K.Raju. September 1, 2016

hi all,

i am also one of the victim and i paid on sept 6 2015 and i don’t know what to do and how to get my money and below is my story….
    Please find the detailed Explanation of the issue:

On 6th Sept 2015, My wife got a call from Country club Executive saying that you have got selected in the lucky draw contest for which you dropped a coupon at Hyderabad Central and you are eligible for taking gifts worth of 25k due to 25 years Completion of Country Club.My wife asked them whether it is genuine or not and they said it is genuine and just you need to come with your parents if you are not married or with husband and children if you are married and can leave by taking the gifts.They called repeatedly until we come and registered our names. We went there for the collection of gifts. After reaching there they were received us and told to attend the session about Country Club.

A sales Executive named Aditya(8143633393) initiated converstion like they selected 500 families out of 10,000 and we are one of them.In that again they are going to select 100 families out of 500 to avail vacation offers. then after manager Ghose(8341794148) and seninor manager sivakumar (9951480123) also joined the conversation given more fraud promises as mentioned below.

Then He explained about Country club history and the membership policies provided by them.

Below are the details of policy what they committed at the time of discussion.

1. You will be eligible to get 6 Nights & 7 days Per year stay anywhere in India or outside India up to 30 years (one in each year).But in agreement it was not all mentioned and provided a gift coupon like 2Nights 3 days. Please find the Legal_Docs Attachment which is incorrect and attached gift coupon too which we are not consumed till now because it was fraud.

2. This holiday you can split in 2 holidays also (2N & 3 days) or you can borrow/Save next year vacation days or transfer to someone else.

3. Sivakumar explained us after using this policy for some years, we can sell to Country vacations itself or we can lease the membership to third Party. if you sell the membership to country vacation they will deduct you 10% of paid amount and return the remaining amount.

4. They will register 150 Sq Yd Land in Country Vacation Residential property in one of the country club venture areas by paying rs 20,000/- as final payments for Registration and other processing fees . But in the agreement they mentioned 50,000 we need to pay at the time of registration instead of 15000).

Reference:In Legal_docs Attachment,Page 1 under Particulars of Saila Bhoomi Venture Scheme ,refer attachment vacation upgradation agreement

5. The allocated Plot can sell to Country Vacations or else can sell to outside people also.

6. Every year 7 days vacation with five star/7star hotel accommodation but it was never mentioned in legal agreement and we make a call to customer care team later and asked for my membership is there any 7days vacation every year but they said there is no such option for your membership.

7. Other Immediate Free Offers, Benefits & Facilities provided against Policy:

a. Spa kit -not explained clearly how many passes they can give each year in the agreement.

b. Gold Membership Cards for “Couple” from Country Vacation free for next 30 Years (Irrespective of selling /transferring the policy at any time at later stage)

C. Avail Banquet hall free facilities any time.

d. Food items 30% discount for Parties at Banquet halls usage.

e. Free Swimming pool facilities.

f. Free Gym Facilities

g. Travel Benefits:

h. two flight tickets for me and my wife any where in india by paying complete amount on spot with non local identity proof we submitted proof but no response about tickets we asked many time no one responding for the same.

i. Free Pick and Drop facilities to Country Vacation

j. Free Sight seeing while going with other Country Vacation Members or if we want to go individually car,Driver,Guide free but fuel charges bear by member.

k. Free Laundry services.

l.Free Medical Services at accommodation.

m. Free Breakfast daily and 30% discount on Lunch & Dinner (India/international).

n. HDFC 10lakhs Life insurance for life time validity for couples and that insurance you opt for your parents instead of you and your wife .In agreement this point is not all mentioned any where.

Later Ghose and sivakumar told there are providing 2 offers.One for along with membership 60k glod coupons or 150sq yard plot at country club ventures. the membership cost was 1.95lacs if you pay at single payment you will get it for 1.65lacs and two flight tickets with in india.we said we can’t afford that much and we are recently got married and getting arranging everything of our new home. then sivakumar suggested if you have credit card by swipe them. we will provide 0% interest rate and 36months non EMI option or we revert the interest amount back to you. we asked sivakumar what is mean by Non-EMI option. he explained that first 3 months you have to pay EMI from 4th month onward you can pay anytime and how much amount you have you can pay but it should complete in 3 years.

Then i used my two credit cards(HDFC-90k and SBI-75K) to pay 1.65lacs,at that time sivakumar said that SBI doesn’t have Non-EMi option so you can apply for ICICI credit card then we will transfer the that 75k from SBI to ICICI then u can avail Non EMI in ICICI bank.as the same way they transferred the 75k from sbi to ICICI after two months by giving 75k cash to me and swiped(40k+35k) my ICICI credit card. but as they mentioned they didn’t converted as Non EMI with 0% interest, HDFC bank charged 15% interest with 24 Months EMI and ICICi bank charged around 13% with 12 Months EMI and i asked for my interest amount to sivakumar but he doesn’t had no response and he doesn’t answer my calls too. then due to high EMIs i Lead worst life.

After swiping of 1.65 from HDFC and SBI Credit cards executive Ghose bring the 6 pages agreements asked us to sign,without giving any time to read those documents in the meanwhile we got message to our mobile that cards are swiped with amount 95,000 and 75,000.the complete process taken long time and we left with 2 gifts (7 Pcs Pudding set and 15 Pcs Tea Set) They did not give time to read the legal documents of the plot which they asked us to sign.My WIFEis not satisfied with the membership we taken and me requested them that we need time to take a decision and otherwise give 5min to make call to cousin they said if you leave the room without any decision offer will lost. Be hurry.

In which they mentioned that “Annual Maintenance Charge Rs/-5000 is payable irrespective of usage and please pay your Annual Maintenance Charge on-time as this fund is used to maintain your club, resorts and fitness centers during your visits”.At the time of discussion they mentioned if you avail service of that year then only we need to pay maintenance charges.They also not explained when the Payment cycle of these charges generated. later we tried to reach sivakumar and ghose about there promises every time sivakumar doesn’t answered and some time while making call from other number he asked to contact ghose. when i contact ghose he said that sivakumar out of station once he back i will intimate you. like this they prolonged very long time later we know that those all the promises are false and we met customer support team at begumpet and asked us for refund of amount and because of false promises but they declined for cancelling my membership and refund the amount.

it was almost 11 months we never used any facility of Country club membership and we didn’t used their 3days and 2 nights vacation voucher too.

please suggest the process how to get my money back,,,,

Regareds,
    V.S.R.K.Raju.

• Gate Keeper September 1, 2016

The same method was used by these bad people. They deserved to be arrested and thrown to jail. The owner of the firm Mr Reddy should be taken to task.

If you recently pay any money in the last couple of weeks, just call up your bank and also refer them that under fair practices, they should not entertain any deductions from your cards.

• V.S.R.K.Raju. September 8, 2016

i swiped credit cards on lastyear and cleared credit card amount on last may… and i don’t have any inputs how to get back my money….

please suggest any solution for my problem.

• Gate Keeper September 8, 2016

Please call up your bank and ask for guidance. I cannot help from my end as this has been quite a while.

• sarfaraz kittur September 5, 2016

Hi
    Im also the victim of this country club
    I have been tricked by thier talks and i have paid 10k on 6/9/2016 further amount should be paid in next 2 days and i have been told about their App i saw many bad reviews and im in shock now by this frauds and i have used SBI debit card to make payment of 10k what i should do now plz help me out

Phone number :8548881194

• Gate Keeper September 6, 2016

Please call up your bank and tell them not to process the money transfer and other balance under the fair trade practices.

• Swathi September 19, 2016

Hi,
    I have also been a victim to this and we paid it two days ago (sep17 2016). We have paid amount of 40k (agreed for deduction in EMI) through SBI debit card. After a while of swiping, we received a message saying that whole amount of 40k has been deducted at once and we were confused about the EMI option they provided. Can you please help me how can I get the refund or any other method by which I can get out of this mess?

• Sonket October 12, 2016

Hi,

I am also victim of Country club. paid 2.05L. Before taking membership they said :

1. Customer service is out First priority so you can contact us anytime and we will be there for you. 1 week after taking membership they were not responding to calls and every time they were busy and answered like will call you later. It was very disappointing and frustrating.
    2. Offered good discounts on package with 0% interest and pay EMI for 12 months later that amount is not converted in to EMI’s and now asking to pay interest of 18% for 12 months EMI.
    3. They said our all properties are 4-5 star later I saw most of the properties are 3-star except few properties.

We met them and in first meeting paid full amount by citi bank credit card and now they are not cancelling our membership and not responding well.

Please help us with this.

• Gate Keeper October 14, 2016

Please do this! Even though i’m not sure when you took the membership. But i assume you were basically ‘forced’ into agreeing to take the membership by their false promise. Call up Citi Bank and tell them to block your card transaction immediately. Also tell your bank that according to All India Resort Development Association ethics called:

Cooling off period – In the best interests of the purchaser every agreement should contain a cooling off period of 10 working days from the date of purchase. The purchase agreement should clearly include the terms of the cooling off period. Their website is http://airda.org/

Keep us updated. All the best

• Sonket November 8, 2016

I had taken membership on 11th Sep 2016.

we want to cancel membership on the basis of Bad service and EMI interest issue ( While taking membership they said You can convert full amount in 12EMI with 0% intrest) . amount not converted into EMI and when asked they said It will be converted and you have to pay 22% intrest for that.

We have raised dispute at citi bank. but citi bank saying thay cant not raise strong case against them without written proof (that we dont have). they asked this is case of fraud and you should go to police still tahy will try but no gurantee.

• Gate Keeper February 8, 2017

That’s why write a complaint mail to country vocations and send your bank a copy of it.

• Anil October 20, 2016

Hi I am also a victim of country club paid 80k on 2014. I used Citibank credit card to pay the amount.
    I used their facility on bandipur 1 time, and I was not satisfied . Actually they told that after 1 year you can cancel account or transfer account. They told They will take care all things. After 1 year they are asking for proof that they have told like that. what should I do, I need my money back. Now I am not using the facility and they are asking 8000rs maintenance charge also. Please suggest me what should I do. my mail id is [email protected] or my phone number is 9886043846

• Gate Keeper October 20, 2016

Since you have already use their service. Simply cancel it.

• srinivas November 1, 2016

Hi I am from Hyderabad and I am also a victim of country club .umfortunately I paid them 173000 in august 2016
    Pls someone advice.

• Gate Keeper February 1, 2017

Please call up your bank and then explain as given in the post….

• Muthu November 15, 2016

Hi,

Im also facing the same victim. I have made payment through my ICICI and SBi Credit card. I made on 21st of September almost 55 days ago and just I got to know bad reviews about CV.
    what shall I do now?
    I had even paid my credit card bills which have made for CV membership.
    Is ter any possible way to reclaim my money. Pls help.
    Thanks in advance

• Kumar December 8, 2016

Hi
    At HYD ,Recently on 5/12/2016 they trapped me for taking CV membership under this fraud by swiping Rs 50,000 from SBI Debit Card. Same like stating all the false promises which actually not match with the agreement in which they have provided. The very next day i called but both the persons mobiles were switched off. I literally got shocked after reading all the reviews and complaints after reaching home.

I think its not too late to act against this kind of scams i want my money refunded and membership to be cancelled.

Guys, Please help me in cancelling the membership and getting my money refunded.

Note: The membership is made on my name
    And the card transaction has been done through my fiancee card(SBI Debit card)

Please help me!!

Thanks

• Gate Keeper December 10, 2016

Please immediately call up your bank and explain the situation to them. SBI people may not be that smart 🙁 So, if you don’t get back your money, find a good lawyer and sue the hell out of them. They should be taught a lesson.

• Mandy December 11, 2016

Hello sir,

I need an urgent help. I took membership recently. Called up HDFC to cancel the transaction immediately maybe with in 5-6 hours but they told transaction was already deducted and they can’t cancel it. I raised a dispute as advised by them by filling the form. Now in every 2 days a get a response from dispute team to get a cancellation letter from CV in their letter head. If I can get cancellation letter from them then why should I raise a dispute. Need some detailed information on how did you proceed. Any help, I would be grateful to you. Please help!!

• vignesh October 24, 2017

Hi Mandy how did u manage to response for your dispute clarification without cancellation confirmation?

• ajay January 29, 2017

if you are also victim of CV like me, please follow up with your banks.
    Before closing, let me summarize the process for getting back your money from CV:

Send a email to CV, asking them to cancel your membership — note: they may not revert back to you, but this mail is important for you and your credit card, as it shows that you have tried to follow with CV, before approaching the bank.
    Call the Credit Card call centre and discuss the issue with them. Surprisingly (or not so surprisingly) most of the executives – even freshers’ -are aware of the process for addressing issues concerned with disputed transactions. Once you understand the process for filing the Transaction Dispute, download the necessary form/s and complete the required details and send them back to the bank. When interacting with the bank, be honest, they deal with lot of disputed transaction and if they feel that you are not genuine, they may choose not to take up this investigation.
    If possible, file the dispute as soon as possible. Also, understand that Banks would take 50-60 days for investigating and resolving the issue– be patient!
    If bank directly takes up your dispute with CV, most probably, you would recover the money. Reason: HDFC has informed me that they asked the CV to respond to my allegations and gave them some 50 days timeframe to respond, as expected CV never did ‘respond’ because they would need to respond in written to various policies, which I have questioned.
    Personal request: please forward this post link to as many victims as you can.
    Follow this Facebook page (facebook.com/countryvacationsfrauds) so that we could discuss and resolve any Questions.
    Please send a mail to MasterCard, I know that in this post I said these guys doesn’t care for us, but a large number of mails from victims may actually make them look into this issue and disassociate with CV.(email: [email protected].

• Trupti February 1, 2017

We too have got stuck with them and bought their membership for 150000 recently….we are following d same procedure as mentioned here but want to know specifically what to mention in our emails to our bank…kindly revert

• Gate Keeper February 1, 2017

Sorry to hear you have been cheated by these scumbags!

Here’s our original email that we sent to our bank- HDFC.

—-
      To,
      The Manager
      Customer Care, HDFC Bank

Dear Sir/Madam,

I wish to inform you that i was goaded wrongly into taking the membership of Country Club/Country Vocations via unfair means/promotion. I’ve blocked my credit card and I was told to submit an application via online…which is attached here (Please attacked the complaint you filed online from your bank website). Besides, I’ve also sent cancellation request to the Country Vocations/Country Club customer case 10 days ago but they have not been any response from them which they are obliged to reply as per the 10 day cooling period.

Please take note of my request for cancellation of my card to avoid any deductions. I have neither availed nor use any of their service.

The membership is in my husband’s name ***************and my credit card details are mentioned in the form attached (Attached credit card number only not the security code).

MENTION YOUR NAME HERE

Hope this will help you

• Trupti February 2, 2017

Thank u so very much…..hopefully we too will get our money back….

• Trupti February 2, 2017

Can u plz send me the email id to which I need to frwd this…..thank u….

• Mandy February 5, 2017

Trupti, if you have used HDFC credit card then email it to [email protected] and meanwhile do not forget to send cancellation emails to CCIL/Country Vacations

• Trupti February 6, 2017

Thank u …..how are things at your end…Mandy…any new development….

• Mandy February 7, 2017

Not good so far. HDFC has asked to submit supporting documents for the disputes. As advised we have provided all the proofs not only once but twice but all of a sudden yesterday I got email from them telling that they are closing the case since they haven’t receive any documents from our end. We have initiated a inquiry on this again. Let’s see what happens…

• Gate Keeper February 8, 2017

What we did:

1. We sent a complaint to Country Vocations complaint email: [email protected]
      2. Take a screenshot or forward the complaint letter to your bank. I would advise you to wait for a day or two so that you get a response from Country Vocation people.

Here’s our email to them
      —–

To, The Manager,
      Country Vocations.

Dear Sir,

I regret to inform you that I need to cancel the Country Club membership of YOUR NAME YOUR MEMBERSHIP NUMBER as per the cooling off period terms. I got registered out of haste on Nov 26, 2015, through a solicitation by sales people.

One of the many reasons is that I already had Health Insurance plan that was supposedly offered by HDFC Ergo with the package which I did not get yesterday. I was also told that the health insurance would be life time which is not usually not the case.

Please initiate the cancellation process and stop any credit card transaction.

Regards
      Your name
      ——

THEN WE GOT THIS REPLY (Which we also forward to HDFC Bank complaint dept email)

Dear Mr. XYZ

Thank you for writing to us, we have received your complaint and one of our executive will give you a call to address your complaint at the earliest.

Regards
      Vidya.

—–

NO REPLY FOR THREE DAYS, THEN WE SENT THE LAST EMAIL (given below)

To, The Manager,
      Country Vocations.

Dear Sir,

This if the final request for cancelling the Country Club membership of YOUR NAME CARD NUMBER as per the cooling off period terms. I had sent the request three days back and I haven’t received positive reply via email.

Once again, one of the many reasons for cancellation is that I already had Health Insurance plan that was supposedly offered by HDFC Ergo. When inquired, HDFC Ergo said they don’t have such packages where health insurance is free for lifetime.

Please initiate the cancellation process and stop any credit card transaction. I’ve already notified my bank HDFC and if i do not receive positive confirmation in the next 48 hours, i take it as confirmed cancellation and my bank HDFC will be free to block all transactions thereafter.

Thanks

Regards
      ———————–

FINALLY

After this we sent an email to HDFC Bank (given below) with official complaint letter which you can download from their website.

to: [email protected]
      Dear Sir/Madam,

I wish to inform you that i was goaded wrongly into taking the membership of Country Club via unfair means/promotion. I’ve blocked my credit card and I was told to submit an application via online…which is attached here. Besides, I’ve also sent cancellation request to the Country Vocations/Country Club customer case 10 days ago but they have not been any response from them which they are obliged to reply as per the 10 day cooling period.

The membership is in my husband’s name XXXXX and my credit card details are mentioned in the complaint form attached.

Your Name, Address and Phone number

————————-
      Hope this will help.

• Trupti February 8, 2017

Oh…sad to hear that….what supporting documents did they ask for…what did u send??may I plz know WHR r u from…

• Trupti February 9, 2017

Mandy….Did the bank give u 15days time period after sending cancellation of membership mail.to the.country club and asked u to revert backincase u don’t receive any answer

• Vimal C June 3, 2017

Hi Trupti,

Im also facing the same situation with country club and HDFC.
      Any update on your dispute? Did HDFC take it forward?

• Mandy February 9, 2017

First bank asked me to submit a confirmation of cancellation or credit note from Country Vacations. They gave me 7 days time to get that but as usual I didn’t get any proper answer from CV but they starting sending automated response providing some other offers neglecting the cancellation request. I have forwarded these all emails to Credit card dispute team… Sadly, CV do not run cooling off period any longer.

Then I had communication with the sales Manager n CV customer care manger as well regarding this.
    I have forwarded these call recordings that clearly showed CV has duped us.

I really surprised because many times I got confirmation from bank that the have already started investigation from the merchant bank n it will take around 50-60 days, then how come all of a sudden they can come n tell us that the case was closed since they have not received the supporting documents.

• Gate Keeper April 13, 2017

Any update on your complaint?

• Mandy April 19, 2017

Hi… Our case went in other direction. Bank sent us a reply telling that since we didn’t submit any proof, they cancelled our claim which was completely incorrect. Hence, we escalated this to higher level. They are doing an internal review and have assured us that it will be resolved…. Fingers crossed!!

• Vimal C June 3, 2017

Hi Mandy,
          Im also facing the same situation as you mentioned above with country club and HDFC.
          Today HDFC replied back to me stating ,I have to provide a cancellation acceptance letter from CV for the bank to initiate any refund .As you know CV does not respond.
          I am completely stuck here and Bank does not seem to understand that CV is not willing for cancellation. They are keeping on repeating HDFC will not be able to help further and to somehow get a cancellation mail from CV or if not possible to take it up legally through a consumer court.

What is the status of your dispute now? Did you get any favourable response from HDFC? Your response would be of great great help.

• Mandy June 13, 2017

Hi Vimal,

I m sorry cudnt get back to you earlier. Yes, they will ask you again and again to submit a cancellation letter. U will need to send an email to CV to cancel your membership in every 2 days. CV’s strategy has changed n they will send a generic response to each of your emails. You will need to keep the credit card department in loop. Also send an email separately to credit card dispute team with any other related proof you have against CV. If you need any further or specific details , u can email me directly at [email protected].

• Uthan Shetty April 25, 2017

I am also a victim of country club, I have paid 1,00,000 in instalments of rs.50,000 each on the same day thru ICICI Debit card, at ghatkopar office, And Sales Executives were Salman Khan (869292346) and Riyaz Gori. So please help me how do i get my refund

Thanks And Regards,

Uthan Shetty
    9022728557

• Rajeswara June 8, 2017

I am also another victim of country club I have paid 55,000 through ICICI debit card, I made a dispute but ICICI denied as it is paid by me
    They replied saying
    “We regret the inconvenience caused to you.
    As per our telephonic conversation today, we have addressed your query mentioned below.
    We request you to check with Country club for further assistance.”
    Please let me know the next procedure how can I take this further?

Thanks
    Rajeswara

• Alakesh Roy Chaudhury October 17, 2017

I have applied for country club membership on dt. and made a payment of 1st installment of Rs.25,000/- As part of celebration of 25years there was an offer of free stay in some selected resort with a fee of Rs,5000/-as tax.We opted to visit any resort near Kolkata since I had some urgent thing to attend in Kokata during the period 26.05.2017 to 2.06.2017.Though there is one resort in Kasba under some pretext they convinced the resort in Baruipur, Canning would be ideal for stay with required facility available.On 26th May, 2017 when we arrived at kolkata it took almost one hour to reach one of the managerial staff to receive a proper direction to reach Baruipur. On his direction when we finally reached at Baruipur at 8 p.m.by Ola there we got stuck up with my wife and daughter for one hour because there was no transportation available to Canning where the resort is located. At last with the help of one kind hearted man we could manage to book one auto to reach canning at 8.45 p.m. when we finally entered the resort we realized we have left one suitcase in Baruipur where we were waiting anxiously for auto. We were so exhausted after arriving in Kolkata that to make an effort to retrieve that baggage was not possible from an inaccessible place like canning. The room which was alloted not even of any star grade little better than ordinary room and the food which was available quite ordinary. Thus our stay for two night, (because ill equipped to be called as resort) was nothing memorable though we had to pay Rs.5,600/- as tax which not worth of. while the presentation as committed at the time of booking were Also it was learnt from interaction with some of the members that different amount was charged from different customer and the promises made at the time of plan presentation remains unattended.

Therefore the experience I had with country club was not worth it to carry forward to full fledged membership and I wish to surrender my provisional membership with a request to the concern authority to refund the advance I paid for the membership.

Thanks
    ALAKESH ROY CHOUDHURY

• Gate Keeper October 24, 2017

Anyone being pestered by Country Vocations/Country Club for AMC fees via SMS? If YES…how do you deal with such nuisance?

• bmathew November 22, 2017

I have taken the country vacations holiday package Club + 10 Yrs 6N7D Blue SR U12 (Billionaire Premium) in November 2013 by paying Rs. 100000 from one CITI bank credit card 30000, and other two CITI bank debit cards one 50000 and other 20000. While taking the membership, they have explained that the 50% of the membership fee will be refunded after 45 days but it was not documented. Also they have mentioned, any time if you feel the membership is not worth, you can come and surrender the membership and we will refund the fee. Then I raised the point in agreement that it is not refundable, and then the sales person explained me that, this is company’s internal policy and hence it is mentioned like that, you can come any time and we will help you to cancel.

After taking the membership, next 10 days I got the feeling from many reviews that the membership is not worth and they are not providing good facilities and decided to cancel the membership and I called the sales person. When I discussed about the cancellation, he disconnected the call and he stopped responding to my calls, then I called from different number and discussed the same, but again he disconnected.
    Then I felt very bad and stopped followup and thought, let the membership be there and started paying the AMC of 7500 +Tax from 2013. But I never used the vacations in the past. Two months back, along with my friends, we visited the country club Bandipur and then I got the real feeling of country club, even though Bandipur is one of the best country club rsorts (as they claim), the rooms and facilities are not hygiene to stay with family, bathrooms are full of stains and taps and showers are not working, toilet flush is not functional, the bed sheets are not clean, even the restaurant environment is not clean.
    Recently one of my friend visited another property in Cochin, Kerala and he told me the similar story about that resort as well.
    Then I started seeing the reviews about the country club resorts and more than 80% of the reviews states the quality of the resorts are very bad.
    Now I regret the decision of taking the membership by paying my hard earned money of Rs.100000. Kindly suggest a way forward to get this refunded.

Regards
    bmathew

• viral vajani December 4, 2017

hie sir,
    thanx sir for help us
    I am also a victim of country club, I have paid 65,000 in HDFC credit card, at vastrapur office ahmedabad, And Sales Executives were mahi . So please help me how do i get my refund

Thanks And Regards,

Viral vajani
    9428669943

• viral vajani December 4, 2017

any one get money back from country club ???

• sendilvel January 2, 2018

Hi mate,

I have been charged 120000 for vacations with usual explaination stating that they give extraordinary service.

When needed and asked for the service, they started saying that i need to pay for every service and i will be getting only basic that too for a day not for whole package.

I have joined this shit service in 2014 i believe and havent used a penny.

These guys are charging me AMC service charge of 7500 for the one i havent used ever,

I want to cancel the service.

Kindly let me know what should i do and how to proceed.

• Gate Keeper January 2, 2018

Threaten them with legal action. If they keep on insisting, get a lawyer and send them legal notice.

• S. Biswas February 3, 2018

Hi,
    We used HDFC credit card. I have already filled the form (CDF), got my card blocked, emailed them and got a reference number. I am not sure if they have started the investigation. Sending an email to someone’s personal email might expedite the process. It would be great if you could share the email or phone number of your point of contact at HDFC.
    Thanks!

• Satyamala February 8, 2018

hi all, i have paid 50000 towards country club membership in august 2015. from that next day onwards i am asking for refund but they are denying by saying bloody reasons. can i get my money back? please someone help me..
    -satya

• Jameel Rahaman March 10, 2018

Sir…I too get cheated by this scam in 2014 in mysore…I paid 27000 by NEFT to there account number…please help me to get refund..tell me what I have to do???